Located in The University of Edinburgh’s Ashworth Laboratories, SJS undertook the refurbishment of Lecture Theatre 1 to upgrade and modernise the facilities.
The project included downtakings, M&E installations and decoration works throughout. A notable aspect of the project was the refurbishment of B-listed timber fixed tiered seating, including the application of brightly coloured seating and back-pads alongside the removal and renovation of a large Geological Record sign.
The project took place with the surrounding teaching areas remaining operational. The work was carefully co-ordinated with noisy works taking place out of hours, ensuring third parties were uninterrupted.
Full works comprised:
• Down-takings and removal of existing lighting
• Sanding and polishing of B-listed timber seating and benching and application of coloured pads
• Strip out of old materials to external roof and fit of new single ply membrane
• Internal scaffold erected for decoration of the roof area
• Small power installation
• Installation of high level lighting
• Soft floor finishes and vinyl throughout
University of Edinburgh
Jun - Aug 19
October 2, 2019