The works involved the alterations and refurbishment of the Meadows Lecture Theatre to improve the
experience of students attending the Teviot Medical School.
The full works comprised:
• Removal of existing fixtures, fittings and stripping back wall, floor and ceiling finishes to bare shell
• Removal of existing M&E services
• Internal finishes; walls, floors, skirting
• New feature timber wall panelling
• New lecture theatre seating and work benches
• New Fixtures and Equipment
• Installation of new M&E services including ventilation, AC, lighting, power, data, security and fire alarm
All works were carried out within a live environment. The surrounding areas of the building were in full
occupation throughout the duration of the works. Careful planning, management, communication and temporary
hoardings ensured disruption was kept to a minimal.
University of Edinburgh
June 2017 - August 2017
September 15, 2017