This construction project consisted of the interior upgrading of 13 existing Learning and Teaching rooms within 8 buildings throughout the Heriot Watt campus.
As the 13 refurbished rooms were spread throughout the 380 acre campus, this required careful planning and site communication The project was delivered over 7 weeks, during the summer recess to minimise disruption to the students and provide the new facilities for the commencement of the new academic year.
The full works comprised:
• The removal of items, where required, including blinds, doors, carpet finishes and suspended ceilings
• Form new door openings and lobby’s where required, including filling existing openings where required
• Supply and fit of new doors into newly formed lobby’s and floor coverings throughout
• Installation of new skirting where required, bench seating and furniture
• Installation of new suspended ceilings to various rooms
• Removal of all existing and redundant mechanical and electrical services
• Supply and fit of new lighting, sockets, switching and new ventilation and grills where required.
Heriot Watt University
Riccarton Campus, Edinburgh
July 2018 - August 2018
September 19, 2018