This construction project consisted of the interior upgrading of 13 existing Learning and Teaching rooms within 8 buildings throughout the Heriot Watt campus.
The full works comprised:
• The removal of items, where required, including blinds, doors, carpet finishes and suspended ceilings
• Form new door openings and lobby’s where required, including filling existing openings where required
• Supply and fit of new doors into newly formed lobby’s and floor coverings throughout
• Installation of new skirting where required, bench seating and furniture
• Installation of new suspended ceilings to various rooms
• Removal of all existing and redundant mechanical and electrical services
• Supply and fit of new lighting, sockets, switching and new ventilation and grills where required.
As the 13 refurbished rooms were spread throughout the 380 acre campus, this required careful planning and site communication The project was delivered over 7 weeks, during the summer recess to minimise disruption to the students and provide the new facilities for the commencement of the new academic year.
Heriot Watt University
Riccarton Campus, Edinburgh
July 2018 - August 2018
September 19, 2018