The project involved alterations and transformation of an existing computer lab and offices to the ground floor of a 4- storey University building to form a state of the art Laser Lab facility within the ground floor of the Scot Russell building within the University’s Riccarton Campus.
The full works comprised:
• Strip out and downtakings
• Removal of existing non-load bearing walls, fixed furniture, ceilings and floors
• New acoustic partition walls
• New Suspended Ceilings
• New internal doors and hermetically sealed sliding doors
• Decoration throughout
• New floor finishes
• Bespoke laboratory benching, storage units and overhead gantries
• Installation of heavy specialist laser curtain screens
• Construction of external GRP housing unit for AC/Ventilation/plant
The building remained in use and occupied by HWU staff and students throughout the duration of the project.
Integration of the new M&E services into the existing building facilities was carefully co-ordinated and phased to prevent disruption to the ongoing university operations. Careful planning of the works, site communication and sequencing of the work ensured safety , minimal disruption to building users and a successfully delivered project.
Heriot Watt University
July 2017 - September 2017
September 15, 2017