The contract involved the refurbishment of laboratory spaces in the Heriot Watt University Earl Mountbatten Building. The contract involved the complete refurbishment and alterations of corridors, entrances, existing high voltage labs and robotics labs to form a new human-robot-interaction (HRI)laboratory, land robot space, entrance way and observation room
The full works comprised:
• Downtakings and removal of M&E services, partitions, flooring, laboratory furniture and fixtures.
• Refurbishment of existing High Voltage Lab G81 to form new Human-Robot- Interaction (HRI) Laboratory, and Land Robot Space.
• Refurbishment of existing Laboratory G80 to form Observation room with viewing panels into HRI space.
• Alterations to existing corridor, Research laboratories G82 and G84, and office G83, to form new Entrance
• Alteration to corridor access routes between existing stairwell and corridor.
• New circulation zone and fire escape door to suit emergency escape requirements from new rooms.
• Formation of new window openings in existing cavity wall to serve new rooms.
• Decoration, ceiling and wall finishes throughout
• Installation of M&E Services
All works were undertaken within a live environment and SJS were highly successful at ensuring safety and minimizing disruption to staff undertaking their daily operations. Efficient planning of the works combined with effective communication from our site management team ensured all building stakeholders were made fully aware and conversant with all work activities, thus allowing the project to be completed on programme, safely and within budget.
Heriot Watt University
Nov 2016 - April 2017
May 12, 2017