SJS were appointed for the fit-out of an existing retail unit in a shopping Mall built circa 1972. The unit will become a temporary blood donor centre for the Scottish Blood Transfusion Service, part of the NHS.
The full works comprised:
- Removal of the existing tenant fit out including shelving, selected services, trucking, etc.
- Repairs to plasterboard, including filling of holes for decoration.
- Removal of existing vinyl floor tiles which are damaged/not fully intact to the retail area, followed by installation of new.
- Installation of new glazed aluminium shopfront as specified and ceiling above the newly installed shopfront.
- Installation of new hand wash, IPS and associated services.
- Joinery works.
- Installation of new staff lockers
- Works to the existing ventilation system as specified.
- Works to water services as specified, including removal of existing water tank.
- Servicing of the existing air conditioning cassette units as specified.
- Decoration works.
SJS completed the works in an ambitious two week programme. The client was delighted with the finished space which was fresh, open and would give the donors, as well as the staff a pleasant environment to donate blood and to work in.