Form of Contract:
SBCC Minor Works Building Contract with Contractor’s Design
The project was the conversion of a tired and dilapidated retail unit formally occupied by Police Scotland. Significant builder, decoration and mechanical/electrical works were undertaken to totally transform the space in to a modern and vibrant restaurant a particular emphasis on visually stunning and practical bespoke joinery items within the space.
The full works comprised:
- Bespoke manufactured joinery units throughout the unit
- Significant down-taking and removal of fabric and redundant mechanical & electrical services
- Mechanical and Electrical installations including Ducting / Ventilation, Data and Security
- New floor, wall and ceiling finishes
- Joinery finishes – kitchens, IPS, facings and skirting’s.
- Significant concrete works to basement level to create a new seating area
- Bespoke Manufactured bar
- New commercial kitchen
- New sanitary ware and WC fit out
The fit out from tired retail/office space to bar/restaurant project, including significant internal and external works was safely completed in an area that is extremely busy with passing pedestrians. There were a number of bespoke joinery elements in the project including stunning ceiling rafts and bar.