The contract involved the alterations & refurbishment of an existing double height laboratory space within the John Coulson Building of the Heriot Watt University Edinburgh Campus.
The full works comprised:
• Demolitions and Down-takings
• Installation of a new structural steel mezzanine floor built off of the existing structural framework
• External and internal door sets
• Alterations to the existing and new plumbing
• Mechanical and electrical installations
• New floor wall and ceiling finishes
• Reconfiguration of the external ramp at the external door
• Removal of asbestos
The project was delivered in a live environment with surrounding university buildings being occupied throughout the construction period. Careful planning & management, effective communication and client liason ensured safe and efficient project delivery. The project was completed on program with minimal disruption to the surrounding university buildings, staff and students.
Heriot Watt University
May - July 2017
September 1, 2017