Form of Contract:
SBCC Minor Works Building Contract with Contractor’s Design for use in Scotland (MWD/Scot), 2016 Edition.)
These works were carried out in a staged manner with enabling works prior to the specialist Joinery Subcontractor completing the installation of shop displays, kitchen islands and domestic appliances etc. SJS then completed the final stages of the fit-out.
The full works comprised:
- Construct stud partitions.
- Install 1st fix electrical works, mechanical ventilation system, water supply to suit site layout, new raised access floor and cavity barrier.
- Construct Ceiling Rafts.
- Wall tiling.
- Install the shopfront.
- BOH Joinery Items and internal doors.
- Install stone flooring at shopfront and carpets.
- Complete decoration.
- Install toilet furniture.
- Manifestation to doors.
SJS worked hand in hand with the client’s own specialist contractor to create this stunning shop fit out in Edinburgh’s new St James Quarter. There was a lot of teamwork involved due to challenging logistics of the city centre, but our team pulled this off with a high quality end result.