The contract involved the alterations and the refurbishment of an existing cafe located within the Mary Brück building, the Kings Buildings campus, University of Edinburgh.
The full works comprised:
• General downtakings including removal of existing tables and seating, all furniture, various fitments, existing flooring and all existing lighting.
• Remove existing ceiling raft panels, to be sprayed out and rehung, and window blinds which are to be
refitted following paintwork.
• Installation of 6nr new metal ceiling raft, hung in addition to existing rafts.
• Installation of mid steel chequered floor plate panels.
• Various wall finish installations and decoration to existing walls.
• Electrical works including down taking of various fittings, installation of new fittings and remounting fittings on timber cladding where shown.
• Joinery works including works to servery, condiments unit, radiator cover, timber trunking and wall cladding, water fountain, entrance cladding and new shelving.
The works were completed in a live environment. The modern and industrial looking café refurbishment was successfully completed on programme and ready in advance of the grand opening.
University of Edinburgh
Nov - Dec 2016
February 2, 2017