This design and build project involved the refurbishment of a 1970’s boarding accomodation at Holm House to provide updated modern vibrant facilities and living areas for the senior students whilst enhancing their experience and enjoyment during their stay.
The works comprised:
• Removal of existing floor finishes, ceilings and partitions
• Removal of existing bedroom, kitchen and bathroom fixtures and fittings
• Strip out of existing M&E services (heating, lighting, power and ventilation)
• Installation of new Eco Efficient M&E services
• Installation of new toilets, shower rooms and changing facilities
• Installation of new tea prep and kitchen facilities
• Installation of new floor finishes, decoration and ceilings throughout
The project was delivered over 4 phases during each of the mid term, Christmas, Easter and summer school recesses to minimise disruption to the pupils and provide the new facilities fully operational for the commencement of the new academic term. Works were undertaken whilst the adjacent student accommodation remained fully operation for summer student conferences and residential engagements.
October 2016 - August 2017
September 4, 2017