Form of Contract:
Standard Building Contract with Quantities for use in Scotland SBC/XQ/SCOT (2016 Edition)
The Client required a Principal Contractor to undertake the occupational fit-out works within 2 Semple Street and to manage the overall project in compliance with the CDM 2015 Regulations.
The full works comprised:
- Occupational fit out to the office suites to suit the client’s requirements
- Erection of demountable partitions (glazed and stud) to form meeting rooms, tea prep, store and comms room
- Installation of new floor coverings; internal decoration; reconfiguration of the existing fire alarm and lighting system and installation of HVAC, power and data services
- SJS will layout a suitable canteen, office and WC’s within level 5
- Supply and fit new suspended ceiling, writeable glass panels, tiling and door kits.
- Install acoustic wall panels, bespoke feature wall, new blinds
- Fit mechanical / ventilation works
- Fit all new mechanical pipework•Fit all electrical luminaires and PIR’s to the project and power / data
Careful planning of the works and excellent daily communication ensured minimal disruption to surrounding businesses. The end result is a modern and practical office space which the client is delighted with.