The contract involved the construction of an art delivery area in the conservation department, the refurbishment of office spaces, corridors, toilets, tea prep area and the provision of a new loading bay and associated services in the Modern 1 Building, Belford Road, Edinburgh.
The full works comprised:
• Demolitions and Downtakings
• Construction of new loading bay and storage building
• Joinery works & Partitioning
• External and internal door sets
• New & refurbished timber sash and case windows to match existing
• Alterations to the existing and new plumbing
• Mechanical and electrical installations
• New floor wall and ceiling finishes
• Landscaping and paving
All works were undertaken within a live environment. The building was occupied during the construction period.
National Galleries of Scotland
May - July 2017
September 1, 2017