This refurbishment and alteration project involved the complete alterations of the second floor of the four storey Post Graduate Building at Riccarton Campus to convert existing office space into a New Teaching Facility. The project was sponsored by the Chinese Government. The new facility included a library, a meeting/conference room, two teaching labs, offices and a kitchen/break out area. This fast track project was delivered during the University’s Summer Exam programme with all other areas of the building remaining fully live to staff and students throughout the works. The very tight and challenging programme had to be completed on time to ensure the new facilities were ready for opening by the Chinese Ambassador during a
pre-arranged visit period.
The full works comprised:
• Stripping out of existing facilities
• Reconfiguration of layouts
• Drainage alterations.
• Full M&E Services Installation (power, lighting, heating and ventilation, IT and AV Equipment)
• Glazed screens
• Installation bespoke manufactured joinery furniture (Library Units, AV display units and a feature sliding screen)
• Floor finishes and Decoration throughout
A teamwork approach with close working relationship with the Design Team ensured the challenging project was successfully delivered on programme. All bespoke manufactured joinery was produced by SJS in our state of the art manufacturing facility.
August 5, 2015