This project involved the refurbishment of Esala Rooms (Studio 4 and 5) and Elliot rooms teaching areas for the University of Edinburgh’s, Minto House.
The full works comprised:
• Down takings and removal of existing electrical supplies and containment including lighting
• New containment dado trunking, lighting, power and data
• Removal of secondary wall paneling (where appropriate), floor finishes, cupboards and blinds
• Installation of plywood floor overlay and new floor finishes
• Where required, the installation of wall cladding and suspension wires.
The 8 week project was situated in the busy city centre of Edinburgh, with limited parking which required careful planning, efficient management of the working areas, excellent daily communication and co-ordinated delivery and access routes to ensure minimal disruption. The works took place over the university summer holidays, however, Minto House remained live and careful consideration was taken throughout for other occupants of the building.
University of Edinburgh
July 2018 - September 2018
September 18, 2018