The project comprised of the strip out and refurbishment of the National Team’s changing area and shower room to create new, modernised facilities – complete with the design, manufacture and installation of bespoke manufactured joinery for BT Murrayfield.
The project took place over 2 phases with the carefully planned programme aligning to the requirements of the stadium, avoiding works being carried out during scheduled matches and on-site events to minimise disruption. Regular effective communication with the client and building manager was conducted to manage access arrangements for deliveries within the live working environment. The bespoke ice baths and seating booths were manufactured in-house in our Newhailes facility. Both phases of works were carefully co-ordinated to successfully hand over prior to the Autumn Test and Six Nations.
Full works comprised:
• Full strip out of M&E services, existing fixtures and fittings within the shower room and changing area
• Installation of new framework to walls to accommodate new showers and wall cladding
• Installation of Altro Whiterock wall cladding
• Repositioning of double doors into both areas, realigning the wall and providing door access to the second changing area
• Installation of new M&E services including lights and ventilation
• New floor tiles to shower room and rubber flooring including pitch lines to the changing area
• Design, manufacture and installation of bespoke manufactured ice bath shrouds and changing booths with integrated LED lighting
• Installation of Scottish Rugby branded recessed light box to ceiling
• Full decoration throughout
July 2018 - January 2019
Scottish Rugby Union
February 25, 2019