Woodwork Machine Operator
SJS began in 1969 and has grown to a business that prides itself in excellence and client satisfaction.
From our workshop situated to the east of Edinburgh we produce a variety of bespoke manufactured joinery products.
To enable SJS to continue its upward growth we currently need experienced Machine Operators who will have experience in using CNC equipment. You need to set up machines such as Tenoners, Spindle Moulder, 5 Cutter, Drum Sanders, Bean Saw and Planers.
Examine finished work pieces for smoothness, shape, angle, depth of cut, verify dimensions, visually using rulers, calipers, templates, or gauges.
Start machines in the morning, adjust controls and make trial cuts to ensure machinery is operating properly.
Install and adjust blades, cutter heads, boring-bits & sanding-bits.
The successful candidate must have the following;
- Machining experience for a minimum of 5 years’.
- Experienced in all aspects of manufacturing of bespoke joinery.
- Time served or SVQ in Woodwork Machine Operating.
- Experience in reading drawings, templates and written instructions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.