Management of Operational Activities, support of Contract Managers and management of a number of projects, all to ensure each contract is delivered on programme, within budget, safely, in accordance with the contract requirements and to the quality and standards required by SJS, all to ensure client satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Attend hand over meetings with estimators and surveyors
- Attend contract pre-start meetings with the client/design team
- Responsible for Planning, programming & phasing of all projects
- Attend site on a regular basis to provide the site team with the level of support required to ensure successful project delivery.
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced with suitable direct labour or supplementary agency workers
- Ensure Sites are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of both Health & Safety Legislation and the SJS internal H&S Management System
- Ensure project programmes are achieved, monitoring of progress against programme and taking appropriate action to ensure programme is maintained
- Be responsible for the Timesheet process, ensuring accuracy of information and completion within the required timescales
- Carry out Daily/Weekly Site inspections
- Ensure consistency in SJS brand awareness
- Involvement in procurement of sub-contractors and materials in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor
- Ensure pre-start meetings are undertaken with sub-contractors
- Attend weekly sub-contractor progress meetings where necessary and/or attend Principle Contractor meetings
- In conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor, ensure regular meetings are carried out and information communicated to allow accurate commercial control of projects.
- Ensure site progress reports are prepared for contract progress meetings
- Conduct regular project Progress Meetings with the client, or principal contractor.
- Liaising directly with Design Teams and Client Representatives
- Maintain Health & Safety files throughout projects and ensure operations and maintenance (O&M) manuals and Health & Safety File documentation are produced on completion of contracts
- Develop good working relationships with clients and consultants
- Identify and assist in recruitment of suitable site management and supervision.
- Strive for continual improvement, proactively working to increase efficiency, eliminate waste and reduce costs.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to Site Managers.
- Maintain Master workload programme for all SJS projects to ensure efficient planning and resources.
- Organise and chair monthly workload and progress update meetings with the Contract and Surveying teams.
You will be ideally an experienced fit out contract/project manager ready to develop their career to the next level, or someone operating as a Contract Manager looking for a new challenge, within the refurbishment, fit out sector.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years as a contract manager
- Excellent IT skills.
- SVQ 3 Carpentry and Joinery
- A creative approach to problem-solving
- The ability to motivate teams
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- The ability to take on responsibility and make decisions
- In depth knowledge of building methods
- Keen awareness of health and safety
What you can expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits reflecting experience level and qualifications
- Approved structured training programme
- Promotion and progression opportunities
- A supportive culture
SJS is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of age, gender, religion, or belief and nationality.