Bench Hand Joiner
SJS began in 1969 and has grown to a business that prides itself in excellence and client satisfaction.
From our workshop situated to the east of Edinburgh we produce a variety of bespoke manufactured joinery products.
To enable SJS to continue its upward growth we currently need experienced Bench Hand Joiners to join us.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce a high quality product as per the specifications
- Use hand and power tools in a proper and safe manner
- Work to tight deadlines.
- Work on laminating and Corian
- Be able to use saws and routers to produce timber components
- Read job specifications, diagrams and drawings to produce and manufacture the product
- Produce accurate daily timesheets ensuring all work is correctly allocated to the correct project.
- Carry out all tasks in a safe manner
- Ensure the correct PPE is correctly maintained and worn at all times
- Ensure the workshop is kept clean, tidy and safe at all times
- Comply with all company policies and procedures which have been put in place to control aspects of Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Management.
- Adhere to the required working hours and be punctual for each shift, clocking in and out of the building when arriving and leaving the premises
- Positively engage with all training, including Tool Box Talks when provided.
- Ensure quality meets the required standard.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Must be a time served joiner, City and Guild, or SVQ 2/3
- Able to prioritise work load and time and have good organisation skills
- Be able to read and understand drawings, diagrams and job specifications
- Understand and implement Health and Safety at all times as per factory regulations
- The ability to follow instructions and able to work alone or as part of a small team
- A positive attitude who is hard-working and physically fit as some heavy lifting is involved