The job involves the evaluation of tenders, pricing the jobs accordingly and the submission of high quality bids to win projects with the best profit margin obtainable.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain relationships with clients and construction professionals to generate tender opportunities
- Maintain the tender Quote File ensuring all tenders are logged and updated progress status is recorded.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Use standard company estimating processes and software to ensure consistency in quality.
- Review and assess tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and are correct.
- Identify tender deliverables and arrange for their production.
- Conduct site inspections and arrange for attendance of relevant personnel and specialist trades for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, and assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents.
- Calculate and prepare quantities and material take-offs
- Identify the true net cost of the tender to allow accurate tender finalisation and informed bid level decisions to be taken
- Compile letter of offer, qualifications and all required tender deliverables.
- Once tender is completed incorporate all relevant details and present to Senior Estimator for review and approval at Tender Finalisation Meeting prior to submission.
- Liaise with client/consultant on an on-going basis to determine progress of tender
- Make tender amendments where applicable utilising client feedback on submitted tender and participate in contract negotiations in conjunction with Senior Quantity Survey and Senior Estimator.
- On tender success, co-ordinate documentation to produce a “Handover Pack” and arrange “Handover” meeting with the project team.
- Conduct “Handover” meeting with the project team, providing detailed briefing of the tender requirements.
- Provide ongoing support and respond to queries made by project team in relation to tender details.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Must be competent in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Be commercially aware
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Experience of estimating software packages